1. The headings in these Terms and Conditions are for ease of reference only and shall not be taken into account in the construction or interpretation of any provision to which they refer.
2. This Website is owned and managed by Tribe Private Limited (“Tribe”). The use of this Website is subject to these Terms & Conditions.
3. The Website is primarily intended for personal use and to provide you with details about the tours and services provided by Tribe, general tips on getting around Singapore, to check the availability of tours on specific dates and for you to make legitimate requests to book and make payment for tours. You may not use the Website to make any speculative, false or fraudulent requests. The use of robots or other automated means to access the Website is prohibited.
4. By accessing or using the Website in any manner, you are deemed to have read, understood and accepted these Terms and Conditions. In the event that you are making a booking on behalf of third parties besides yourself, you are solely responsible for the successful communication of these Terms and Conditions to such parties. You are deemed to have read, understood and accepted the same on behalf of such parties and you accept liability therefor.
5. While Tribe makes every effort to ensure that the information available on the Website is free from errors, Tribe does not accept responsibility or liability for any errors or omissions and reserves the right to change information published on the Website at any time without reference to you.
6. Tribe does not accept responsibility or liability for any direct, indirect, incidental, special and/or consequential damages of any kind whatsoever which may result from any use or access of, or any inability to use or access the Website.
7. Tribe reserves the right to amend and/or these Terms and Conditions at any time without reference to you. Accordingly, the onus is on you to periodically review these Terms and Conditions.
8. You may not, without a written permission from Tribe, copy, reproduce, republish, transit and reuse the Website’s content in any way except for your own personal, non-commercial use.
9. In accessing or using this Website, you may be exposed to content that is offensive, inaccurate, objectionable or otherwise inappropriate. Any use of the Website is at your own risk.
10. Any reproduction of the text, plagiarism and images contained in the Website is strictly prohibited. This shall be differentiated from sharing the Website’s pages on your personal social media websites such as Facebook, Pinterest, Twitter, Instagram, Google+, email and RSS with your networks and friends.
11. You may not reproduce any portion of the Website using any device including, but not limited to, use of a frame or border environment around the Website, or any other framing technique to enclose any portion or aspect of the Website, or mirror or replicate any portion of the Website.
12. You may not modify, translate into any language or computer language or create derivative works from any content or any part of the Website.
14. All prices are nett, exclusive of Goods & Services Tax, unless expressly stated otherwise.
15. Tribe accepts payment for its tours and services via Visa, Mastercard, American Express and Paypal.
16. Full payment is required to make a tour reservation.
17. You will receive a Booking Confirmation via email upon payment as acknowledgment and proof of payment. This Booking Confirmation, together with proof of identity or presentation of the credit card used for payment, is to be handed to Tribe prior to the embarkation on any tour.
18. You agree to comply with and abide by Tribe’s safety, health and security arrangements. At the time of booking you will fully and truthfully disclose to Tribe in writing any allergy, medical condition, pregnancy or other health information that may affect your attendance and participation at tours.
19. If in the reasonable opinion of a member of staff of Tribe or its tour guides, you are not fit to attend a tour, including but not limited to, appearance to be under the influence of alcohol or drugs or likely to disturb or harm others during a tour, Tribe may refuse to let you attend the tour.
20. Tribe shall use its best endeavours to consider the suitability of tour guides. Notice is hereby given that Tribe’s nominated tour guides are independent contractors and not employees or agents of Tribe, or, as defined in the Companies Act (Cap. 50), Connected Persons.
21. Tours start promptly, so you are required to arrive at least 15 minutes before the commencement of a tour. If you are late, Tribe shall not be obliged to conduct the tour for you from the beginning and reserves the right to commence the tour without you.
REQUESTS FOR CHANGES TO TOUR DATES
22. All requests for modifications and changes must be directed to Tribe’s Customer Care in writing via email and each request will be considered on an individual basis.
23. Subject to Clause 25 hereof no charges will be levied for a request for change of date of tour dates if such request is made no less than 5 days (120 hours) ahead of your confirmed tour date. This will be based upon the time of receipt of the written request or email.
(i) If the written request or email is received at 2 pm on 1st December for any tour scheduled for AFTER 2pm on 6th December, there will be no charges levied.
(ii) If the written request or email is received AFTER 2 pm on 1st December for any tour scheduled for 2pm on 6th December, additional charges may apply.
24. Acceptance of requests for change of any tour date is subject to availability of our service providers, private tour guides and/or transport companies. Tribe will take all reasonable steps to find replacements and offer alternative tour dates should any of the above be unavailable due to the change of tour date. Tribe makes no guarantee or warranty that it can procure the availability of a tour on the alternative date requested by you. Tribe reserves the right to offer alternative tour dates to the ones requested by you.
25. Additional charges and costs relating to your requested change of date, including but not limited to charges levied by service providers, private tour guides and/or transport companies and administrative charges, shall be borne by you.
26. If Tribe offers alternative tour date/s to the ones requested by you and you are not able to attend such alternative tour dates, or if you choose not to, you will be entitled to a full refund of the purchase price of the tour booked by you LESS any additional fees, or changes and expenses levied by, including but not limited to, service providers, tour guides, transport companies and venue operators. For the sake of clarity, this applies only to the situation where a request for change of tour date is made, and Tribe offers alternative tour dates that you are not able, or choose not to attend and shall not be considered or treated as a cancellation of a tour for the purposes of Clauses 28 to 32 hereof.
27. Tribe will use its best endeavours to avoid changes to the tour date or amendment or modification to your booking. However, in circumstances where the change, amendment or modification is not under the control of Tribe but made by a third parties, including but not limited to changes to ticket prices to venues, tour dates, tour itineraries and/or age requirement, Tribe reserves the right to substitute the venue or tour guide and/or change itineraries accordingly.
28. Unless expressly stated otherwise, all purchases and payments are non-exchangeable, non-refundable and non-transferable to another date or tour.
29. All requests for cancellations must be in writing or sent by email to Tribe’s Customer Care and each request will be dealt with on an individual basis.
30. For cancellations made before 5 days (120 hours) of the date of the tour, Tribe will refund the whole of the purchase price LESS any additional fees, or changes and expenses levied by, including but not limited to, service providers, tour guides, transport companies and venue operators plus an administrative charge.
31. For cancellations made 5 days (120 hours) or less from the date of the tour, Tribe will refund 85%.
32. For no-shows on the day of the tour, no refunds will be made and retrospective requests for refunds will not be entertained.
INTELLECTUAL PROPERTY RIGHTS & PRIVACY
33. Tribe respects the intellectual property rights of others and it will not condone or permit the posting of any content of the Website by you that infringes any third party’s intellectual property rights, including but not limited to, copyrights.
34. In the event of such infringement, you shall indemnify Tribe, its employees, servants, agents and service providers, from any and all claims, actions, suits, proceedings, liabilities, damages, losses, compensation, costs, charges and expenses whatsoever. In these circumstances, Tribe reserves the right to terminate any tour booking or further transactions with you.
35. In providing your email address, you hereby permit Tribe to add your email address to its database of others. Tribe shall abide by the privacy provisions of the Personal Data Protection Act 2012. Tribe shall use its best endeavours to ensure that the integrity of your personal particulars and confidential information entrusted to Tribe are not compromised and shall not release the same unless required to by law.
36. Occasionally, a member of staff of Tribe may take photographic or video images of activities of any tour for the purposes of advertising, publicity or sponsorship. If you do not wish to be included in such images, please inform Tribe in writing prior to the tour, failing which you irrevocably waive any and all rights which you may have now or in the future under statutory or common law.
RISK ACKNOWLEGMENT, RELEASE & INDEMNIFICATION
37. While Tribe takes all practical and reasonable attempts to minimise any risk of injury to you or your property, you acknowledge that your attendance or participation at any tour is at your own risk. You release and indemnify Tribe, its employees, servants, agents and service providers from any and all claims, actions, suits, proceedings, liabilities, damages, losses, compensation, costs, charges and expenses whatsoever in any way arising out of or resulting from your attendance or participation in any tour including without limitation any and all claims, actions and liabilities for injury, loss or damage to you, to anyone else or to any property, unless the same was caused by the gross negligence of Tribe and recoverable on the ground following judgment of the Courts of Singapore.
38. You will reimburse Tribe for any damage to its property caused by you/your child/ward.
39. Tribe is not liable for delay in performing or for failure to perform its obligations if the delay or failure results from any of the following: (i) Acts of God, (ii)outbreak of hostilities, riot, civil disturbance, acts of terrorism, (iii) the act of any government or authority (including refusal or revocation of any licence or consent), (iv) fire, explosion, flood, fog or bad weather (v) power failure, failure of telecommunications lines, failure or breakdown of plant, machinery or vehicles (vi) default of suppliers or sub-contractors (vii) theft and (viii) any cause or circumstance whatsoever beyond Tribe’s reasonable control.
40. If any of the provisions of these Terms and Conditions shall for any reason be properly adjudicated by the court or other legal and/or competent authority to be invalid, illegal or unenforceable in any respect, the legality and enforceability of the remaining provisions or parts of the same contained herein shall not in any way be affected or impaired.
41. These Terms and Conditions are governed by the laws of Singapore and you submit yourself to the jurisdiction of the Courts of Singapore.