Wonder what is the difference between traditional vs factory made breads? How did rainbow bread get its colours? Are the colour dots (eg. red, green) on traditional buns an industry standard across different bakeries? How many buns can a bakery make a day?
In this September Holidays Kids Edition, our father-son pair, Yock Song and Jaeyen, will bring you behind the scenes of one of the oldest remaining traditional bakeries left in Singapore, Jie Bakery, to explore and ask all these questions! As we get curious and ask questions, we must also fill our tummies with some delicious, traditional breads and buns.
Therefore, we have arrange for a Bread Box Taster to eat and watch at the same time.
p/s: Maybe (just maybe..), mummy/daddy can also include some ice-cream to eat with the rainbow bread slices??
A digital copy of an activity kit will also be send out to all participants for our little ones to watch, eat and learn at the same time.
Date/Time of livestream: 9th September (Wednesday), 1015hrs-1045hrs (This is the ‘golden hour’ at the factory where most actions are seen)
Important things to note:
***Food bundle can only be processed with purchase of the live stream tour***
1. Upon successful registration and payment, a Zoom meeting code and password will be emailed to you the night before by 2000hrs. Do log in 5 minutes earlier as the livestream session will start on time.
2. Throughout the session, we encourage you to ask questions and interact with our guides and natives (or subject matter expert) via the chat and unmute function.
3. It is not necessary to purchase the food and delivery bundle to enjoy the livestream. However, we encourage you to do so to support our #localbusinesses. Tribe is not marking up on the food and delivery fees as our support for these businesses.
1. Delivery will be done by our startup partner Travelhorse. The food will be delivered the day before, 8th September, Tuesday after 2.30 p.m.
2. Cut-off time for food pre-order will be on Monday, 7th September, 1600hrs.
3. Delivery fee applies for delivery to one single address only. Please indicate your delivery address under Notes during check out.
4. For delivery to multiple addresses, please select the quantity based on the number of addresses to be delivered to.
1. Self collection option is available at Jie Bakery, 123 Upper Paya Lebar Rd, Singapore 534837 only between 2pm-5pm on 8th September, Tuesday (the day before live stream).
1.Each bundle comprise of 6 items (Milk bread mini loaf x 2pcs, Pandan Bread mini loaf x 2pcs, Coconut Bread x 1, Curry Chicken Bread x 1, Rainbow Bread x 2 slices, Ham & Cheese x 1). Multiple bundles can be ordered and send to the same delivery address.
2.We will close the food pre-order on Monday, 7th September, 1600hrs.
For enquiries, email email@example.com